Sunday, January 10, 2010

And today marks the day I made my first maternity purchase....


Well I guess it was inevitable to happen sooner or later, I mean I am growing another person in my belly, but today I sucked it up and went into a maternity store for the first time... I would have to say that for the most part, all my clothes are still fitting okay. However, it's pretty apparent that there is some growth happening around my waist :) All my jeans are low rise, so with the Bella Band, I can still wear them unbutton and/or unzipped and I have a few pairs I can still button (yay! yay!). But I have noticed I'm constantly tugging at them to stay up and not because I've lost any weight in my butt or legs, I think just with the sheer fact that my body is changing shape.

Today I had to make a return to Macy's and my very sweet friend, Brandy, had given me a gift card to Pea in a Pod/Destination Maternity, since I always said I wanted to splurg on one purchase when I was pregnant and that would be on some designer maternity jeans. So after I left Macy's, I thought what the heck, I'll walk over to the store and check out some jeans.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but the jeans were right in the front of the store, so I grabbed 3 pairs of jeans and headed to the dressing room. The first pair I tried on were the Pea in a Pod brand and they were so comfortable. Man that band of elastic is the best thing since sliced bread! I then moved on to a pair of 7's and Citizens - I didn't have nearly the luck. I already hate buying jeans, but for some reason I thought it wouldn't be as bad being pregnant... not the case... The 2 designer jeans a) say they were petites, however the extra 5 inches in the length could not have been petite and b) the sales woman said they fit like normal jeans, with a bit of stretch to "grow with you".... Now it's my hope that I don't grow too much in my bootie and legs, but I'm trying to be realistic here... And sadly they just fit really strange. So I folded my "would be" splurg purchase and kept the first pair.

As I went to the register to pay, the Pea in a Pod pair didn't have a price tag, so I wasn't sure of the price, but I did know they probably weren't the price of the 7's or Citizens (incriminating information I won't share, wink, wink). As sales associate rung me up and after my gift card, I ended up splurging a whole $47.76! Let's just say this is a round about 1/4 the cost of the other jeans.

So after being a bit nervous to walk into a maternity store for the first time, I felt pretty darn proud of myself. Besides, the bag from the store was super cute too, I kinda felt cool walking around with maternity purchase :)

3 comments:

  1. Buying maternity clothes was always a daunting task to me! Finding a good pair of jeans is esential, GREAT first purchase : )

    How sweet of Brandy to get you a gift card. I found the most materinty clothes at the GAP and Izzy Maternity (Peachtree Battle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your purchase!! i have a really cute dress from there that you might be able to get some use out of! let me know if you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your most Welcome! Dont open till the baby is here!

    Uncle P

    ReplyDelete