Thursday, April 1, 2010

Work it girl!

As many of you know, I love to workout. So with Butterbean, I've really been trying to keep up my exercise routines, but don't worry I'm modifying a lot and I listen to my body.

These days, I'm running at snail speed and lately I'm finding my belly is weighing me down. I've still been able to instruct boot camp, but those days may be coming to an end, since so many of the exercises are getting harder and harder for me. I've also been doing CrossFit workouts, with my boot camp group. These workouts are incredible and really work your strength and endurance. Again don't worry, I modify anything that's too hard or that I shouldn't be doing. Here's Mama in action Monday night :)

Now I'm no medical professional, but all I can say is that exercising has really made this pregnancy easy (so far, talk to me in a few weeks!). I have honestly felt great, actually fantastic and I really attribute it to exercising. Sadly there isn't enough information about exercising and pregnancy. Even more there is so much contradicting information - don't get your heart rate over 140 bpm or on the other end you can do anything you did before you were pregnant. It can really drive a pregnant woman mad - trust me I was one of those women for a while! I have taken the stance, that as long as I feel good and it doesn't hurt me or Butterbean, I'm doing it. I'll keep you posted on my workouts as we get closer to the end :)

5 comments:

  1. good for you girl!! i didn't really get into a regular routine until AFTER the boys were born, but, I did absolutely nothing between Camden and Evan and I could tell a difference the second time around!! glad you are feeling as good as you look!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I slowed down on working out at 32 weeks. Keep on going until you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mookie,

    I'm a firmly believe that you know what your'e body can do. Butterbean is lucky to have a Mom who is active and not sitting around just eating and taking in calories! Your'e setting the right example and the butterbean will be better off knowing that sitting around the Dean house is not happening!

    Love - Uncle P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get it girl!! You are my inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Healthy, strong mommy = healthy strong baby!!

    ReplyDelete